Tuesday, March 12, 2013

ATHLETES OF THE WEEK: Boyertown’s Jordan Wood and Spring-Ford’s Courtney Hinnant

Boyertown's Jordan Wood
Spring-Ford's Courtney Hinnant.

By Mercury Staff
sports@pottsmerc.com

BOYS ATHLETE OF THE WEEK

Jordan Wood
Boyertown
Wrestling

What he has done
Freshman 220-pounder advanced to the title bout of the PIAA-AAA Championships at Hershey’s Giant Center Saturday before falling to Solacno’s Thomas Haines via 7-2 decision. Wood, who finished 46-2 on the year, had won 32 straight bouts heading into the state final, including a 7-4 semifinal decision over Pittsburgh Central Catholic’s Zach DeLucia.

What he says
“I knew about him and I went out knowing I had to wrestle a two-time defending state champion in my head. I’m not mad about losing, I’m just mad about the way I wrestled. (Haines) wrestled a lot better. I wrestled defensively, and that can’t be your mindset when you go out there for any match.”

(For complete story, click here ... )




No comments:

Post a Comment