Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WRESTLING: Brown helps Pottstown take care of Phantoms

Phoenixville’s Logan Pennypacker and Pottstown’s Max Sheppard do battle at 106 pounds. (Photo by Barry Taglieber)

By Don Seeley
dseeley@pottsmerc.com


PHOENIXVILLE — Jasheel Brown will likely be around on Feb. 2, 2022 ... perhaps even the next few times the calendar rolls over identical numbers for the day, month and year.
But for as long as he lives, Brown surely won’t forget 12-12-12.
Wednesday began with the Pottstown senior learning he was accepted into the University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, and ended with him opening his final Pioneer Athletic Conference wrestling season with a first-period pin in the Trojans’ 42-24 decision over host Phoenixville.
Not a bad day at all.
“(The letter of acceptance) kind of got me pumped up for tonight,” the 152-pound Brown said after his fall, the third of a six-bout run that erased an early 6-0 deficit and put the Trojans well in front at 33-6. “I was actually debating whether to open (the envelope) before or after our match, but I opened it before.
“I really didn’t tell anyone. I did tell a few of my teammates, but I knew I had to get ready for my match. I had to put it aside and focus on my opponent.”

No comments:

Post a Comment