Monday, January 14, 2013

GIRLS BASKETBALL NOTEBOOK: 1,000-point club awaits prolific Pupillo

One-on-one with The Hill School's Hilary Yoh

 - - - - - - - 

By Darryl Grumling
Perkiomen School junior Nicole Pupillo
dgrumling@pottsmerc.com
In her spare time, Nicole Pupillo is a competitive horseback rider — having taken a first-place in English Grooming and Showmanship two years ago in the state 4-H show.
During the winter months, however, the Perkiomen School junior navigates the area girls basketball courts with a thoroughbred-like talent.
Pupillo, a 5-foot-5 guard who ranks second in the area in scoring at 18.7 points per game, heads into today’s game against Kimberton Waldorf five points shy of becoming the first 1,000-point career scorer in Panthers history.
“I’m just really glad I can do it for the Perkiomen community,” Pupillo said. “They’ve been there for me since my freshman year and have helped me become the player I am.”
A Gilbertsville resident, Pupillo averaged 18.6 points per game as a freshman, and finished tied for the area lead with 49 3-pointers. 

( To read the complete girls basketball notebook, click here )

 

No comments:

Post a Comment