Friday, November 30, 2012

WEEK 14 PICK(S)

By Don Seeley

Here we go... could this be the last week of the Pick'ms ???? One surprising pick this week. If I'm wrong, I'm a homer (not the first time I've been accused of that) or plain stupid (closer to the truth). If I'm right, well, then I'm a genius (and I have to take advantage of that rare opportunity).

DISTRICT 1-AAAA FINAL
Spring-Ford (12-2) vs. Coatesville (11-2): There's no way Spring-Ford is going to win this game - at least that is what everyone is saying, at least what I began thinking last last Friday night after Coatesville won and Spring-Ford and Pennridge didn't even play their game yet. The more I think about it, there's no way Spring-Ford wins this game. Coatesvile is sooooooo good. Maybe that's why I'm about to go out on a limb (maybe because I've covered the PAC-10 every year it's existed, or maybe because I'm an old, old SF graduate) ... SPRING-FORD.

PIAA-CLASS AAA QUARTERFINAL
Interboro (11-2) vs. Archbishop Wood (10-2): Pottsgrove is the only team that has given Archbishop Wood any type of game in this round - or come close to Archbishop Wood - in recent memory (30-28 back in 2009). As good as Interboro may be, and as average as Archbishop Wood may be (by Archbishop Wood standards that is), it still isn't enough. And don't forget, the defending state champions had their "BYE" last week to get in a little rest and extra preparation ... ARCHBISHOP WOOD.

PIAA-CLASS A QUARTERFINAL
BRISTOL (9-1) vs. DUNMORE (12-1): Bristol may have shocked the Class A bracket with its 22-0 shutout of previously unbeaten Williams Valley last week, but Williams Valley is NOT Dunmore. The Bucks have knocked off a pair of unbeaten oponents the past two weeks - avenging its lone loss this season with a win over Old Forge for the District 2 title, then bumping off traditional state power Southern Columbia last Friday night ... DUNMORE.

* * *

LAST WEEK: 3-0.
SEASON: 72-21 (.774).



No comments:

Post a Comment