The psych sheets (seedings) for this week's District 1 Swimming Championships were supposed to be released Sunday, something my swim coach wife says usually happens without fail.
But apparently this year things are a little different. The district did not post the official sheets as of this writing (1 a.m. Sunday night), but the website paswimming.com did obtain the AAA sheets, which can be seen here: AAA Boys and AAA Girls. So, a nice tip of the hat to them. We'll post AA seedings once they're available.
If you don't feel like combing through the pages, I've done it for you. Below is a quick glance at some of the area contenders, divided by session at the pool this week.
AAA and AA boys will swim from 10:30-2:30 on Thursday and Friday, while girls will swim from 4:15-8:00 on both days. Half the events on Thursday and half on Friday.
AAA BOYS THURSDAY (200 MR, 200 FR, 200 IM, 50 FR, 100 FLY, 200 FR)
- 200 MEDLEY RELAY: Perkiomen Valley is seeded second overall behind Upper Dublin. Boyertown is seventh, Methacton ninth and Owen J. Roberts 19th,
- 200 FREE: Boyertown's Steve Miller is seeded seventh (1:46.08) and Seth Underwood 13th (1:47.29).
- 200 IM: Perkiomen Valley's Wyatt Amdor is fifth (1:59.47) and Boyertown's Russell Lambet is 11th (2:00.89).
- 50 FREE: Owen J. Roberts' Sam Feiser is sixth (21.87) and Perkiomen Valley's Kyle Dix is tied for 10th (22.22).
- 100 FLY: Owen J. Roberts' Feiser is sixth (52.86) and Methacton's Matthew Schulz is 14th (54.55).
- 200 FREE RELAY: OJR is 10th (1:30.26) and Boyertown is 15th (1:31.17).
AAA GIRLS THURSDAY (200 MR, 200 FR, 200 IM, 50 FR, 100 FLY, 200 FR)
- 200 MEDLEY RELAY: Methacton is fifth (1:51.59), OJR is seventh (1:52.10) and Perk Valley is 11th (1:53.38).
- 200 FREE: Methacton's Kirsten Groff is the highest local seed, coming in 10th (1:56.98). Boyertown's Laura Simpson is 14th (1:57.78).
- 200 IM: Perk Valley's Maggie Bryner is the only local swimmer in the top 20, seeded 20th (2:16.98).
- 50 FREE: Nicole Young of Methacton is sixth (24.73) and teammate Kristen Wang is 15th (25.38).
- 100 FLY: Methacton's Corinne Blodgett is 14th (1:00.16).
- 200 FREE RELAY: Methacton is seventh and Owen J. Roberts is ninth.
AAA BOYS FRIDAY (100 FR, 500 FR, 100 BK, 100 BR, 400 FR Relay)
- 100 FREE: Perk Valley's Will Swiss is eighth (48.27) and teammate Kyle Dix is 10th (48.73).
- 500 FREE: Perk Valley's Seth Underwood is fifth (4:47.37) and Boyertown's Steve Miller is sixth (4:47.54).
- 100 BACKSTROKE: Boyertown's Chase Renninger is eighth (53.74). Swiss is 12th (54.49).
- 100 BREASTSTROKE: Perk Valley's Amdor is third (59.70) and Boyertown's Russell Lambert is 10th (1:01.69).
- 400 FREE RELAY: Perk Valley is seventh and Boyertown ninth.
AAA GIRLS FRIDAY (100 FR, 500 FR, 100 BK, 100 BR, 400 FR Relay)
- 100 FREE: Methacton's Kristen Groff is ninth (53.70) and OJR's Rachel Malampy is 13th (54.29).
- 500 FREE: Boyertown's Laura Simpson is 10th (5:18.30).
- 100 BACK: Boyertown's Taylor Cisik is 13th (1:01.20).
- 100 BREASTSTROKE: Methacton's Nicole Young is fourth (1:07.01), the highest local girls seeding for a local swimmer in AAA. OJR's Megan O'Connor is 14th (1:09.55).
- 400 FREE RELAY: OJR and Perk Valley are 15th and 16th, respectively.